- Little Growers
- Tomato Plants
Grow Your Own Tomato Plants
- Around March/April, start by filling a small flowerpot with fresh potting compost.
- Press the soil until it’s firmly packed and then evenly sprinkle a few tomato seeds on the surface of the soil.
- Cover the seeds by putting a little compost into another pot and shaking it gently over the new seeds, like a pepper pot.
- Cover the pot with cling film or a plastic bag and secure it with an elastic band and place it in a warm, light place until the seeds begin to sprout.
- When the seedlings appear they will need to transfer them to their own pots. And around June time, when the weather is warmer, plant them outside in larger pots or in the garden.
- Ensure plants are well-watered and give them a special treat of plant food once a week.