Super Garden Judge Gary Graham and TV personality Karen Koster Launch GroMór 2019
Spring is officially here so visit your local garden centres, buy Irish plants and get growing!
Super Garden judge and the face of Bloom Festival, Gary Graham joined Ireland AM television presenter Karen Koster to officially launch GroMór 2019 in Merrion Square, Dublin 2. GroMór 2019 is a nationwide campaign aimed at encouraging everyone to visit their local garden centres and nurseries, to buy Irish plants and get growing!
GroMór is an initiative by Bord Bia in association with Retail Excellence Ireland, promoting its 62 local garden centres and nurseries located across the country. These centres have an extensive selection of plants along with qualified staff, who are available to offer free expert advice to people in all age groups from novices and new homeowners to experienced gardeners.
Discover your green fingers simply grab a trowel and uncover the beauty and mystery of the garden. GroMór 2019 has two key themes that will focus on the seasonal plants with ‘Garden Colour’ across April and May and then ‘Container Garden’ from June onwards. April is the month when spring really starts to arrive and with the advice of GroMór ambassador Gary Graham, comes the opportunity to create your own super garden this summer!
Gary Graham; “Visit your local GroMór garden centre or nursery to discover the incredible choice of plants and seeds that are available to suits your needs whether it’s for your garden, patio, balcony or window box. Talk to the team and get professional advice on what will work best for your garden. They are happy to help you identify plants and many will help you develop a plan that will help with your specific gardening requirements.”
- The winter winds have blown the leaves away from the trees and the leaf buds are sprouting. Your garden is ready to go, so bring it to life this April with a burst of ‘Garden Colour’! There are a wide variety of plants that will brighten up your garden, and perennials are a good place to start as they come back every year.
- If you plant a flowering perennial every month, there will always be something blooming in your garden. Beautiful wallflowers, peonies, dicentras and euphorbias are perfect for April and if planted in clusters of at least four or five, they will really stand out.
- Bedding plants such as primroses, violas, pansies and geraniums are the surest way to get a splash of instant colour. Again, plant them in big groups of twelve or more and you will really see the results. Shrubs and bushes with colourful new leaves and spring flowers will add height and colour to set off the rest of your garden.
- There are plenty to choose from, April favourites include Pieris with their vibrant red leaves, and the beautiful flowers of the Camellia family and elegant Carex, a grassy plant that offers colour all year round.
- The bonus to all of this planting to make your garden looking beautiful is that it’s also going to make your bees happy!
For anyone looking for advice or easy to follow guides and videos on how to grow flowers, plants, herbs, trees and vegetables or to find your local garden centre or nursery visit, www.GroMór.ie . GroMór 2019 is sponsored by Bord na Móna and Westland Horticulture.
Follow us on social – follow #GroMór2019 and find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.